Saturday, March 29, 2008

Riding (and Sleeping) in the Rain

We had some of the other American teachers over last night and they stayed in the 2nd apartment.  They played video games with Peter and Jack, and THEN they went out to dance at a club.  They returned about 2:30 in the morning.  Sue on the other hand went to bed at 9pm. I guess that's the difference 20 years makes!


Today, Sue, Sophie and I went on a bike ride to geta cup of coffee.   Here's Sophie at the coffee shop, squatting on the floor, Chinese style, and smiling at the customers.
Hangzhou 001

Sue, and Sophie with her lollipop.
Hangzhou 002


Jack let his bunny wander the apartment today - he (or she?) is getting big fast.  Sue thinks it is a) a girl, and b) PREGNANT!  We shall see.  I think rabbits have a pretty short gestation period so we'll know soon, one way or another.

Hangzhou 004

Left: Sophie and I in our little apartment at breakfast time.  Right: We followed this girl on the back of her mother's bicycle, who had just gotten a hamster or some such creature.  She was enamored with the creature and totally oblivious to being on a bicycle!


 Hangzhou 006 Hangzhou 012

Sophie was also oblivious to being on a bicycle today - she fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in her seat, She looked like a Chinese bobble-head in her pig-tails!
Hangzhou 014

Sophie having a snooze on Sue's pink bike.  She looks so comfortable!
Hangzhou 016

I have had my bike for 7 months now, and ridden it for miles and MILES, and today I had my first flat!  Luckily, there's always a bike repair shop around any corner, so I pulled in to the shop below.  My bike is the one in the background with the purple bicycle seat.  Husband is supervising, wife is removing the tube.  The restaurant workers next door came over to look at the foreigners with the Chinese child.  What a wonder we are!
Hangzhou 022

Tomorrow morning I go to Shanghai to pick up my sister from the airport - her first time in China!

1 comment:

lefobserver said...

PLEASE
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF YOUR COUNTRY AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU
lefobserver.blogspot.com