Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hangzhou Rock Garden

While I finished up the last of my classes today, Sue took the boys to the Hangzhou Rock Garden with our friend Laura.
  Hangzhou 052

Jack loves taking close-ups, as he took of this flower...
 Hangzhou 054

Sue enjoyed this small field of purple flowers.  I'm sure some of you botanists out there can tell me what they are, but I have no idea!
 Hangzhou 059

Some scenic views at the edge of West Lake...
Hangzhou 061

Jack caught this caterpillar on the edge of a leaf. 
Hangzhou 068

... and another shot without the flash.  A dramatic difference!
Hangzhou 075

Wandering the rock garden paths...
Hangzhou 081


And here are the boys afterwards with our advanced Audio-Visual system.  My laptop and a couple of pairs of headphones. 

Hangzhou 019


And finally, one more leach picture that Jack took at Tian Mu Shan. So Cute!
Hangzhou 023

We are packing up our apartment now and trying to fit everything into our bags - what a mess!  It's amazing that in a few days this giant pile of stuff will fit into just a few bags!

3 comments:

Bob & Amy said...

Be sure to take a before the pack & after the pack photos. Too funny. I bet you are really getting excited about being home. Safe travels!!
Love,
The Mahers

Anonymous said...

Hi Lewis Family,

I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. The pictures are so beautiful. You have a beautiful family. Have a safe trip back to the USA !

Julia in PA

Anonymous said...

HELLO LEWIS FAMILY,
HOPE ALL IS WELL!
ENJOYED ALL OF YOUR BLOG POSTINGS!
YOU A HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!
JUST WANTED TO WISH ALL OF YOU SAFE TRAVEL TRIP BACK TO ARIZONA!
ENJOY THE LAST FEW DAYS IN CHINA YOUR SECOND HOME AWAY FORM HOME!
LG IN KY